The AIR LS6T model provides a pair of weatherproof 2-way speakers designed to be mounted to the surface of an exterior wall or fence post, or staked directly into the ground. Each speaker features a 6.5 inch woofer with a coaxially mounted 0.8 inch dome tweeter. Power handling is 75 Watts (program) at 8 Ohms, with a usable frequency range from 80 Hz to 20 kHz (-10 dB). A built-in transformer allows for use with 70 and 100 Volt distributed speaker systems.
AIR landscape speakers come complete with the choice of surface mount wall brackets and ground stakes included.
- Surface Mount Wall Brackets — The wall brackets achieve a clean, streamlined appearance while affording a secure and stable installation on any flat, vertical surface. Pitch and yaw adjustments allow the speakers to be positioned both vertically and horizontally to direct sound toward the intended listening area and away from the neighbors.
- Ground Stakes — The ground stakes allow for installation amongst plants and landscaping in a typical soil or rock bed. Each ground stake features durable metal construction and includes an underground security plate to deter theft and hold the speakers firmly in place.
Each speaker can be operated at 8 Ohms, 70 Volts, or 100 Volts. Also known as “constant-voltage”, 70 Volt and 100 Volt speaker systems allow for long wire runs using small-gauge wire, and provide the potential for connecting numerous speakers per circuit as is common with outdoor speakers. Setting the 70/100V transformer tap is performed via a screwdriver-adjustable control located on the rear of each speaker.
Each AIR LS6T includes a short length of direct-burial wire that is permanently attached to the speaker and routed through the mounting base for a clean, reliable installation. A suitable electrical box (not included) is advised for termination of the speaker wiring. A pair of waterproof wire nuts is included.
AIR landscape speakers feature an attractive dark bronze textured finish, and can be painted to blend with surrounding landscape or architecture. They are priced and sold in pairs.
- Weatherproof 2-way outdoor speakers
- Designed for landscape and wall mount applications
- High-performance 6.5" coaxial drivers
- 8 Ohms nominal impedance
- Built-in 70/100 Volt transformer
- 75 Watts program power handling at 8 Ohms
- 80Hz-20kHz frequency range
- 105° nominal coverage pattern
- Attractive bronze textured finish
- Metal ground stake with security plate
- Surface mount wall bracket
- Adjustable positioning
- Sold in pairs
|Features & Performance|
| ||Woofer||6.5 inch (165 mm) polypropylene w/rubber surround & steel basket|
| ||Tweeter||0.8 inch (20 mm) treated cloth dome, coaxially mounted|
| ||Crossover Frequency||2.5 kHz|
| ||Impedance||8 Ohms nominal with transformer set to "8Ω"|
| ||Transformer Taps||3.75W or 15W at 70V;|
7.5W at 100V
| ||Frequency Response||100 Hz to 20 kHz (±3 dB)|
| ||Frequency Range||80 Hz to 20 kHz (-10 dB)|
| ||Power Handling||75 Watts program (8 Ohms)|
| ||Sensitivity||85 dB @ 1W/1m|
| ||Coverage||105° conical (nominal)|
| ||Input||(1) 3 feet (1 m) attached direct burial cable containing (2) 16 AWG (1.31 mm²) conductors, unterminated;|
Includes two waterproof wire nuts; requires a suitable electrical junction box (not included)
| ||Transformer Tap||(1) Recessed screwdriver-adjustable rotary switch on rear;|
Used to select 70/100V tap or 8 Ohms (bypass)
| ||Temperature||-2° to 120°F (-19° to 49°C)|
| ||Humidity||5% to 100% RH (non-condensing)|
| ||Splash Resistance||IPx4 rated per IEC 60529|
| ||Enclosure||Glass fiber reinforced ABS plastic, bronze textured finish, paintable, security tether tie point|
| ||Grille||Metal, black powder coat painted|
| ||Surface Mounting||Includes surface mount wall brackets for attachment to a solid flat vertical surface; allows adjustment of yaw (horizontal angle) and pitch (vertical angle)|
| ||Ground Stake Mounting||Includes 17 inch (43 cm) metal ground stake and 6.6 inch (168 mm) diameter underground security plate; allows adjustment of pitch (vertical angle)|
| ||Height||26.09 in (663 mm) with ground stake;|
10.42 in (265 mm) with wall bracket
| ||Width||6.99 in (178 mm)|
| ||Depth||11.11 in (283 mm) with ground stake;|
11.99 in (305 mm) with wall bracket
| ||NOTE: All dimensions omit the underground security plate|
| ||4.25 lb (1.90 kg) per speaker|